Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My View


This is the view from my studio window. I am very fortunate to be able to experience the seasons and serenity on a daily basis. Most days it is quiet. Sometimes I hear the laughter of kids out on the swim platform. Before I know it, I will be seeing yellow and orange leaves, and finally snow. The only thing that doesn't change is my love of miniature art.
I began painting in miniature about 14 years ago after discovering a wonderful German woman at the Germany pavilion at Disney World painting scenes on eggs. I became fascinated with art in miniature and have been ever since. I thought it would be easy to paint in miniature, but quickly discovered it is much harder (in my humble opinion) than painting large. Not any room for error and the fatigue factor hits quite quickly. On a typical day I can paint for about 6 hours. After that point my eyes are shot.
If you are ever in my area call or e-mail me for a visit of my view.
till next time,
Gail

1 comment:

Carol Andre' said...

Lucky you!!! I'm in a basement! (But I'm not complaining- at least I have a studio- and I LOVE it!)