Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grand Phone Call

Well, I don't ever post the same painting twice, but I have good reason. I received a phone call yesterday telling me that my painting Grand Arrival had been juried into the 2012 Mackinac Island Art Exhibit that will take place this summer at the Manoogian Museum on the island. The theme for this exhibit is the Grand Hotel in honor of its 125th birthday. I was completely blown away to learn that their were 80 entries and only 15 were chosen for the exhibit, mine being one of them!!! The best part is that their are six cash prizes to be announced in June. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Woo Hoo, Congratulations Gail!! Best of luck to you! Love the view of this with all the flowers in the front!

Gail Hayton said...

Thanks Barbara This scene is the entry drive to the Grand Hotel. It really IS that beautiful!

Debra Keirce said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How exciting Gail! I am thrilled for you! Beautiful painting, as always!