Monday, December 17, 2012

Up And Running

Well, the bad news is that I had to buy a new computer a few weeks ago.  The good news is that I discovered that much of the software problems I was dealing with must have been the start of my computer dying.  With the new computer I can actually blog without much difficulty!

This year has been a very busy one for our family.  I am now represented by three galleries that are keeping me pretty busy.  As a result I didn't have time to enter any mini shows this year.  Hopefully, next year I will be able to do so.  In addition, I spent considerable time this year planting a perennial garden.  I planted may of the old favorites such as hollyhocks, zinnias, delphiniums and of course lilac trees.  I have been wanting to spend some time painting victorian inspired still life pieces and thought it would be fun to incorporate my own flowers.  I can never do anything the easy way!

Just today I mailed my last commission for Christmas presents.  As a result I cannot show my latest works for fear of messing up someones surprise.  I can however, show you my favorite work of art, my 3-1/2 week old grandson.  Isn't he beautiful?  Not that I am a proud grandmother.  No, not me.  I may have to do a miniature portrait of him.


I hope that everyone has a wonderful joy filled Christmas and safe prosperous New Year.  I can't really believe it will be 2013 in a couple of weeks.  Where does time go?

Till next time,
Gail

No comments: