Thursday, July 17, 2014

Busy Summer

Wow, this has been a fast paced Summer.  We have made several trips to Elk Rapids, Michigan and Mackinac Island to my galleries.  They are always whirlwind trips as I attempt to also gather new reference photos for future work.   I am also in the process of finalizing a show-date TBT.
Aside from trips my nose has been to the grindstone most of the Summer.  Well, along with gardening and chasing my 1-1/2 year old grandson around the yard.  Oh, and did I mention that my daughter had foot surgery 3 weeks ago and have been taking care of her.  She is not allowed to place any weight on her foot until August 5th.  In addition she developed a blood clot and infection in that foot.  Luckily, neither appear to be serious (clot very small) but all concerns just the same.
The painting in this post is a vintage 53 foot Chris Craft Constellation owned by the owners of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.  It is their baby.  This painting is oil and the size is 2-1/2 inches by 3-1/2 inches.
Till next time,
Gail


No comments: