Sunday, June 12, 2011

So What Have You Been Doing For Fun?

It has been quite a while since my last post and we have been busy. Already this year we have spent time on Mackinac Island. My dear husband bought me a new bike ,on the island for mothers day. I love it! It is called a Biria, very unique design that reminds me a lot of the bike I had when I was a girl. We were having so much fun riding around on the island I did not take any pictures-go figure.
Weather the last few weeks has been strange. Lots of 50 degree days with buckets of rain. Finally, we got some warm weather and sun. With it came a ton of work around our house. Last fall we had an issue with one of the walls of our home and basically I had more bulldozers on my lawn than on the road. Bottom line-I lost most of my lawn and flower garden-uh!!! Three weeks ago we guilted our two grown children into helping us and we stripped off the old lawn/weeds and laid down new sod on about half the lawn. My back has been killing me ever since. Hopefully, in the next week or so we will have the job done. I can't wait.




In between all the yard work we spent a day in Elk Rapids and I painted for my gallery there, Twisted Fish. It was their Art Beat gallery hopping day. The weather was wonderful and I met many wonderful people. I always enjoy talking the Bob and "Charlie", the owners who have become friends over the years.


I will be camping this coming weekend in Mackinaw City and painting on the island at Victorian Summer Gallery ,Saturday and Sunday, as part of the Lilac Festival Celebration. I am looking forward to seeing the many friends I have made on the island as well as meeting new friends. The kids will get watering duty back home! I will be delivering Rain On Main, one of my latest pieces of Main Street, taken from a photo of a very rainy fall day. I was inspired to paint this scene because of the reflections on the pavement. I hope you enjoy it as well.




Till next time,


Gail






1 comment:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Wow, this is really beautiful, Gail. Great job on the reflections on the road. Sounds like you've been busy! Enjoy your warm weather.