Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Time

Time is flying by as usual. I have been keeping very busy with several commissions for Christmas presents. Since they are presents, I don't feel I can post them at this time. I would hate to spoil someone's surprise.
I was very honored to learn that my painting Eastern Market Morn won honorable mention at the Scarab Club Gold Medal show this past week. Competition includes some of Detroit's finest artists. It is always heartwarming to have a miniature stand up to the big boys!
Thanksgiving at our house this year was very quiet. My husband had some extensive surgery a week before Thanksgiving and wasn't up to much of anything. That was OK. In Michigan we have a bavarian town about 45 minutes from our home that is noted for great chicken dinners. We we fortunate to have our son pick up a carry out of chicken, mashed potatoes, dressing-the whole works! All we had to do was heat and serve. We spent the day in front of the fireplace eating and watching old movies. Quite relaxing.
This year I am thankful for many things, especially that my husband is on the mend. Yesterday we starting putting up Christmas decorations. I love the extra lights this time of year. The weather here has been quite dreary with pouring rain the last couple of days.
I hope everyone has enjoyed their holiday week and able to spend quality time with relatives.
Till next time,

2 comments:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Congratulations, Gail, wow, and lots going on in this colorful work!! Great movement of color! Hope your husband has a speedy recovery and you get a break with sunshine!

Gail Hayton said...

Thanks Barbara. My husband is feeling better every day!