Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Where does the time fly!!! My husband and I spent the day taking down the Christmas trees and nutcrackers. Although I am always a little sad when packing everything away, I look forward to the coming year. This will be the first winter I will go through without surgery in 3 years!!! I have been spending a great deal of time in my studio and enjoying the solitude. This year I decided to begin a new tradition by creating pendants for gifts. Below is one example of several I completed. Everyone seemed to like the results. The image size is 3/4 inch x 1 inch.

We had a great Christmas with the family. Both my kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend spent the day with us. Due to really bad weather some of our family was not able to make it. It rained Christmas eve and day and froze. My son's girlfriend fell twice. A possum that lives in our backyard somewhere must have gotten flooded out. He spent Christmas under our back deck attempting to stay dry. Poor guy.
We all spent the afternoon playing pool and Wii bowling. As you can see my son was really getting into it. I am the worst bowler ever.
The kids weren't the only ones having a good time. Our golden retriever LOVES pool.

Well, now its January-hard to believe. We will be heading out in a couple of weeks to Florida and while there, will be attending the MASF miniature show. Till then, you can find me hold up in my studio. Can't wait
Till next time,
Gail


3 comments:

Mona Diane Conner said...

Gayle, Happy New Year! What a great idea to make miniature pendants for Christmas! I might try it next yr.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Happy New Year to you Gail. The pendants are lovely! Wow, going to Florida, lucky you! Enjoy the show and good luck with the sales! I'd love to see the show.

Gail Hayton said...

Thanks Barbara and Mona,I really did enjoy doing the pendants and intend to do more. Hope this year is profitable and fun for all of us!Gail